Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Read Only access to QEMC

Hi,

I am looking into how we can provide users read only access to QEMC, but cannot really figure it out.  The more relevant features would be to view the source and user documents within the QEMC and the Publisher tasks.  I added a user group to Supervision and Document Administrators but when logging into QEMC we do not see any documents or publisher tasks in the relevant sections.  Has anyone implemented this successfully?

Thanks

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This is not possible at the moment.

Have a look at the below post.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/129005

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

What is the intend behind the Read Only? To show current running Tasks? In this case you can use the Management API to create an Application / Website to show this.

Not applicable
Author

I suppose we need a way to see the tasks configured on the Qlikview server.  I have assigned document administrators, however the user is still unable to see tasks, user documents or source documents (even though the options to view these are available in QEMC). Would you know why this is the case?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You need to add that user to QlikView Administrator group.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help with this.  It looks like there is no way to do this.  Do you know if there is a way of overriding Active Directory security and entering a username/password to access QEMC?  We would like to setup an Admin User to access the QEMC.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Yes possible.

You can use some other browser other then IE.

Or if you want to use IE.

then go to Tools --> Internet Option --> Security --> Internet --> Click on Custom level --> Scroll down untill you find user authentication, Then select Prompt for username and password option.

Regards

ASHFAQ