Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Licence Named Cat and Doc Cal

Hello,

I want to know if we can attribute two licences, Named Cal and Doc Cal, to the same user?

How we can update/uploader an application via the Web interface (AccessPoint)?

How we can update/uploader an application via network share (Access in reading / writing) ?

Iam waiting for your answers

Thank you

Bonjour,

Est-ce qu'on peut attribuer deux licences (Named Cal et Doc Cal ) pour le même utilisateur?

comment on met à jour une application déja monté sur le serveur via AccesPoint?

Comment mettre à jour une application via Partage web (accès en lecture/écriture)?

Merci d'avance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can assign Named Cal and Doc Cal to single user, but in this case you are wasting Doc Cal, because, if a person holds Named Cal license, he has access to all application, so no need of any other CAL.

NO, you can not update the application from browser.

Yes, you can share the application folder over network and using windows security you allow user to modify the application.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can assign Named Cal and Doc Cal to single user, but in this case you are wasting Doc Cal, because, if a person holds Named Cal license, he has access to all application, so no need of any other CAL.

NO, you can not update the application from browser.

Yes, you can share the application folder over network and using windows security you allow user to modify the application.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thank you for your answer!

How we can allow some users to connect to the QMC (Qlikview Managment console) to add or delete licence? They have to below to the QV-ADMIN, the group that the service-qlikview below? (the service-qlikview is created during the installation of the QlikView server to bring the service)?

What is the path to access to the folder of application over network for the other users who have the permission to modify this application?

Thank you

Regards

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Yes the user should belong to QlikView Admin group to be able to access the QMC.

The Folder path will be the path at which you have your QVW stored, you can make that folder as shared which can be then used by other users over network to access the folder and change the file.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Thank you a lot!

Last question please!

to attribute a licence NamedCal tu a user, do we need also to give him the authorization for each document that we want him to access (like the case of Doc Cal: in QMC: Documents -> Authorization) or just we attribute to him a licence Named Cal?

If my account is allowed to access to many servers, when I connect to QMC, do I find all these servers, even if I Haven't a licence?