Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Failed to Open Document"

Hi,

I did a lot of work on an application this week (and neglected to back-up the document). I was moving from my desk to a conference room and lost my internet connection. QlikView crashed and when I tried to reopen the application, I received the following error messages.

Message1.jpgMessage2.jpg

I have tried to reload without data; that was the only solution I could find via Google. I cannot open the app on my desktop or through Access Point.

Does anyone know how I can access this app? More to the point, has anyone seen this before. I would hate for this to happen again.

Thanks!

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Are you sure that the path is correct? You could also try to open the app per batch-statement, per binary-load from another qvw or per vbs but the chance are rather less. A further possibility to extract some information/work could be to read the qvw as xml but to disentangle these informations could be more work as to create the app new.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

are you trying to open it via the directory it is located in?  Sometimes I get that error if i try to load from the "recently opened" options

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Do you have section access in this application ?It's Possible to be a reason for the fail.

So, in this case, try to open the application with another user.

Another option is to open the application without data. Because It's possible to has a problem with some report and all application fail, because you cannot load one of some reports.

Please write me what's will happen, because this is very interesting case and I know how much is bad to be happened you.

Regards,

Venelin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Collins, I believe, you are trying to open on "Recently Open Documents".

Please go to a folder that have qvw file and try to open the qvw file.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

Try with this  utility.

Once installed go to your folder where your .qvw is saved right click on it and go to RightQlik option --> open without data.

Let me know if that helped.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks a lot for the solution.

Regards,

Sagar Gupta

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III