Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to filter records for a chart

I know I can create separate tables to be used for a chart, but I'd like to know how to filter the main table(s) for specific charts.

I have a list of events, and the profit / loss values for those events, in the main table.

I would like to create a chart which only works with events where money was lost.  Is there a way, in the chart, to do the filtering without resorting to creating a separate table, qualifying the fields, etc?  I see fields in the chart parameters that say "conditional" but nothing seems to be working.

Thanks.

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

In expression use set analysis to filter the data.  For example

Sum({<Event={'Event1', 'Event2', 'Event3'}>} Profit)

Check Set Analysis section in Qlikview help file for more info.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

jagan.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Explanation is little bit confusing,

It will better if you explain with some sample data and Required output.

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jagan.  I will check that out.

Not applicable
Author

I want to the chart to filter the underlying recordset, base on parameters I give it, without have to go click a bunch of selections to filter it down.  I also would like to avoid creating separate filtered tables in the model.

So, the underlying data set will include records with profit, and records with losses.

I want the chart to only display results for records with losses.