Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sample data file Qliksense

Hi I am just getting started with Qliksense and want to follow the steps outlined in the demo video. However, I cannot find the file with the presenter in the third file assumes you have downloaded (the sales one). Can you help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Andrew - you can find a bunch of resources here:

Qlik Sense Resources

Specifically the files are in this post:

Qlik Sense Desktop - Create your first App (video)

There is also a great tutorial package here:

Qlik Sense Desktop - 30 Minute Quick Start Tutorial

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Andrew - you can find a bunch of resources here:

Qlik Sense Resources

Specifically the files are in this post:

Qlik Sense Desktop - Create your first App (video)

There is also a great tutorial package here:

Qlik Sense Desktop - 30 Minute Quick Start Tutorial

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

In addition to the sample data you find here in community - there is also data included in the tutorials found in help http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/index.html#TutorialsExamples.htm%3FTocPath%3D_____5

And if you ever need some quick data to test something you can go to the data load editor and press ctrl+0+0 you will get a test script.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

can you describe which video it is and where did you access it from, so we can correct this?

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi

So in your video "Quick Data Load" you up load a file called "salesdatamulti" or something similar. In your next video "Create your first chart" you start off by saying that you assume that the viewer has already downloaded the "Getting started" file which is available where the video is hosted. I cannot see anything downloadable on the page where the video is hosted except the desktop itself. The links you have provided are fine but they are not the same as those in the tutorial video. I wanted to follow it.

Thanks,

Andrew

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thank you Andrew - I see the problem, I originally posted this video in a community documentQlik Sense Desktop - Creating Your First Visualization (video)with the sample data file attached. It seems the Qlik Sense Get Started | Qlik

page on the main web site - opens these videos separately, that was not my original intention, as visitors were supposed to be brought to the community pages, where they would see the additional information they may need. I will work with our web team to correct this.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik