Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Visualization of Graph Data

Hi all,

I started to develop an extension for graph visualization based on the Graph Dracula Library, using Raphael: http://www.graphdracula.net

This seems to be an interesting topic. First of all, what is the best data representation of graph data in a relational QlikView world? Second, there are a lot of limitations using those JavaScript libs. I've tried some before (D3.js etc.) but Dracula seems to have the simplest interface for my use case.

What is your opinion?

- Ralf

GraphDracula01.png

GraphDracula02.png

Astrato.io Head of R&D
86 Replies
Not applicable

Ralf, thanks for your suggestions and your help.

Regards!

Not applicable

Hi Ralph

We´ve found that the issue occurs in line 54 from script.js file, with the tooltip property,when passing the mouse over the nodes. We´ve disabled the property temporarlly, from graph properties, to solve the problem.

Is there any other way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

- Martin

rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hm, tooltip works on mysite. Which IE version do you run? Should work with IE 9+.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

I'm using IE 8.. I'll upgrade the version

thank you very much Ralph

- Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ralf,

can you help me how to create org chart in Qlikview.Actually i create org chart but orgchart saparate data based on dashes like chandini-janakiram saparate into chandini and janakiram but i want to saparate pipeline related data like chandini|janakiram into chandini and janakiram.

please help me...

regards,

chandini

rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Chandini,

I suggest you to open a new thread and upload your sample application and extension.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ralf..

Thanks for your response.

I created thread  Re: creation of org chart this is my link..please help me ..

Thanks & Regards,

Chandini.G

Not applicable

Hello,

When I'm tring to import the parent node I'm getting this warning:

Capture.PNG.png

Also, I cannot select text columns as parentnode/childnode...

That is why I selected the IDs (numbers).

I'm having 18 million lines to import (18 millions association between nodes )

There are about 2 million nodes

Does that means that I reached the limits of the extension?

What are the limits of the extension?

thank you!

Alina GHERMAN

rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Alina,

a QlikView extension cannot handle this amount of data. The Graph Dracula v2 extension has a data window of 2000 rows (see PageHeight in Definition.xml). It would not make any sense to display more nodes and relations. However, it should also work with IDs as parent/child node.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Hi Ralf,

Wondering, is there any user license and copyright related legal issues for using the Qlik extension objects?

Thanks,