Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cross-footing pivot table totals

Hi,

I'm creating a trial balance with the account, year and period as dimensions. I put the periods, Jan-Dec, on top, the account and year on the left and want to get a cross-footed total of all periods in the year. I can't figure this out and would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Rick

4 Replies
gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I hope you want to move the Period in the top of the Pivot table. First you need to add the Period in the Dimension and after creating the Pivot table you select the Period column and drag into above the Amount column. When you drag the column you will see a Arrow point which will indicate where the new position for the Period.

Attached the sample file for your reference. Hope this will resolve your problem.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I looked at your sample file, and it's exactly how I set mine up. However, in your pivot table, if I go to the Presentation tab and on the Period dimension select Show Partial Sums, I get a total column to the right which sums up the all the period totals for each row. That's exactly what I want to happen, except when I do the same thing on mine, nothing happens - I get no total column at all.

Any idea why I don't get the same results as you?

Thanks.

Rick

gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Rick,

First of all I am sorry for the delayed response. Is that possible for you to upload your QVW file here, so that I can take a look into that.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for getting back, but I figured it out. I didn't have a sum in the expression. Once I put it in, the totals appeared.

Rick