Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

POC to showcase to my client, what should I do?

Hi Daniel,

Instead of starting a similar thread, just jumping in

i am complete newbie to qlikview,

wanted to know, if say, i wanted to do some POC to showcase to my client, buy qlikview, should i use

Personal edition or qlikview sense

like qlikview sense, does personal edition also needs 64bit OS?

Message was edited by: Michael Tarallo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey SGP -

To get started for FREE - I would recommended using the Personal Edition of QlikView to show how you can create custom Guided Applications - that can meet many needs. These apps can be published to the QlikView Server for on-line access, and additional mgmt, security and control. You can also use the public demo site to see some great real-world examples of published on-line QlikView applications here - demo.qlik.com - to give them an idea of what it could be like.

Qlik Sense - provides Self Service Data Visualization - you might want to check out these 2 posts for more information: to understand the differences.

QlikView has 32 and 64-bit versions. Sense is just 64-bit - Sense Desktop is only available for FREE (no restrictions) for personal and internal business use, you can also share the apps with other Sense Destop users. Eventually these apps can be imported into the Sense server (released later this year) . QlikView Personal is also free - but you are restricted on how many QlikView applications you can open created by other users of QlikView Personal.

Check out these videos to get started - and let us know if you have any questions:

New to QlikView Videos

New to Qlik Sense Videos

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

@mtarallo - Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey SGP -

To get started for FREE - I would recommended using the Personal Edition of QlikView to show how you can create custom Guided Applications - that can meet many needs. These apps can be published to the QlikView Server for on-line access, and additional mgmt, security and control. You can also use the public demo site to see some great real-world examples of published on-line QlikView applications here - demo.qlik.com - to give them an idea of what it could be like.

Qlik Sense - provides Self Service Data Visualization - you might want to check out these 2 posts for more information: to understand the differences.

QlikView has 32 and 64-bit versions. Sense is just 64-bit - Sense Desktop is only available for FREE (no restrictions) for personal and internal business use, you can also share the apps with other Sense Destop users. Eventually these apps can be imported into the Sense server (released later this year) . QlikView Personal is also free - but you are restricted on how many QlikView applications you can open created by other users of QlikView Personal.

Check out these videos to get started - and let us know if you have any questions:

New to QlikView Videos

New to Qlik Sense Videos

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

@mtarallo - Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Dear Michael,

thanks for the reply, have few further questions

These apps can be published to the QlikView Server for on-line access

Q) Do you mean, the apps created with QVPE, can be shared on to QVServer? is this after i buy the license or there is an free online server, where i can deploy these apps for showcase?

demo.qlik.com - to give them an idea of what it could be like.

Q) thats great idea, but for this customer, i need to show the demo of his exact requirements to  convince him to buy

Sense Desktop is only available for FREE (no restrictions) for personal and internal business use, you can also share the apps with other Sense Destop users. Eventually these apps can be imported into the Sense server

Q) you mean even the sense deskptop 64 bit free version ? we can develop many apps, and share them with other free sense destop users?

after we buy the license, we can import them to sense server right?   pls correct if my understand is wrong.

QlikView Personal is also free - but you are restricted on how many QlikView applications you can open created by other users of QlikView Personal.

Q) can you tell me some no#, what i read from the forums is, for QVPE, we Cannot opens apps created by another use at all, if you say, we can how many no# of apps we can open, created by others?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi SGP - here are your answers:

These apps can be published to the QlikView Server for on-line access

Q) Do you mean, the apps created with QVPE, can be shared on to QVServer? is this after i buy the license or there is an free online server, where i can deploy these apps for showcase?

A) I believe apps published to a server require a desktop license, but QlikView Server requires a license anyway - you can contact our Concierge service to learn more about this. There isn't a free version of QlikView Server - for on-line or server-side access. HOWEVER, Qlik Sense WILL have the capability to publish Sense apps to the Qlik Cloud, a new HOSTED subscription-based service that will initially be for on-line sharing of Sense apps, but with plans to evolve into much more. Stay tuned to us with in the coming months to learn more about this future service.

demo.qlik.com - to give them an idea of what it could be like.

Q) thats great idea, but for this customer, i need to show the demo of his exact requirements to  convince him to buy

A) - The you can use QlikView Personal - and demonstrate it form your machine - it looks exactly the same as it would online. You may want to contact our Partner team to understand how you can provide Qlik solutions to customers. I believe as a partner you are entitled to certain benefits so you can do what you are looking to do.

Sense Desktop is only available for FREE (no restrictions) for personal and internal business use, you can also share the apps with other Sense Destop users. Eventually these apps can be imported into the Sense server

Q) you mean even the sense deskptop 64 bit free version ? we can develop many apps, and share them with other free sense destop users? after we buy the license, we can import them to sense server right?   pls correct if my understand is wrong.

A) Yes - Sense Desktop 64-bit is free -(no restrictions from a technology perspective)  however it is not ideal for sharing amongst large groups and organizations. It is for small groups and personal use according to the license agreement. Sense Server and Qlik Cloud will be the approach for governed Sense apps providing layers of management and security. Yes - the QVF files - can then be imported to the Sense server.

QlikView Personal is also free - but you are restricted on how many QlikView applications you can open created by other users of QlikView Personal.

Q) can you tell me some no#, what i read from the forums is, for QVPE, we Cannot opens apps created by another use at all, if you say, we can how many no# of apps we can open, created by others?

A) I think it is like 3 - It allows you to open 1 and then it pops up a message stating something like"the app was not created by your PE installation and that you have X number of apps left to open before you can no longer do so" - until you get a proper Desktop license.

HTH

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik