Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I am having problem when installing Qlik Sense on a Macbook air using Windows 8.1 via parallel desktop I get a message saying I need a new version of Windows

I am having problem when installing Qlik Sense on a Macbook air using Windows 8.1 via parallel desktop I get a message saying I need a new version of Windows

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

The most likely reason is you are running a 32bit version of Windows.  Qlik Sense requires 64bit.

-Josh

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

The most likely reason is you are running a 32bit version of Windows.  Qlik Sense requires 64bit.

-Josh

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Luis,

I'm running Qlik Sense Desktop in a Windows 8.1 x64 virtual machine with Parallels 9 in a MacBook Pro mid 2010 and it's running OK. My OS is 10.9.4 and I'm booting in 64 bits. Parallels runs in 64 bits mode as well.

Please check this post about the same issue Error when installing om Mac (Parallels, Win 7 Pro 64-bit)

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Was the 32bit Windows the issue or do you still have problems install QlikSense? If yes please provide the installation log located in your temp folder accessed with the environment variable %temp%. If not, can you mark Joshs answer as the right answer?

Not applicable
Author

The 32 bits was the issue

Not applicable
Author

Thank you This helped