Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView is not able to generate proper Qvd file extention

Hi,

I am learning QlikView version downloaded from your site but it was  not able to generate proper Qvd file extention while i have followed

all instruction as guided in the pdf file and all others. After writing Store command line, i run Reload then it has created a file (Table1.qvd) with qvd extension but not a proper Qvd extention file which is not open up properly.

File attached :

QVD issue file (Doc)  : QVD issue

QlikView file  :  OLEDB-SQL

QVD file : Table1

Please help me with a solution.

Thanks & regards,

Bhaskar

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bhaskar,

Please change the store statement:

STORE Table_1 into Table1.qvd(qvd); to

STORE Table1 into Table1.qvd(qvd);

(STORE tablename into qvdname.qvd(qvd);)

Table1:

LOAD Surname,

FirstName,

Gender;

SQL SELECT *

FROM School.dbo."Table_1";

While creating QVD, you need to input the tablename which you define in the script but not from the datasource.

Here, the name for table in the script is Table1 but in SQL it is Table_1. You are trying to give DB name but change it above one, it generates the QVD.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sai

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sai,

I have tried all possibilities but my QlikView has generated a wrong type qvd file which I have attached in my Question (Table1. Although the file type is showing Qvd file in my folder and the file is able to open only in notepad / wordpad. It is not getting the right environment to open properly while i am using " Personal Edition, free client  " downloaded free from Qlikview site.  

Please help.

Thanks

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Bhaskar,

Use this code below.

Table1:

LOAD Surname,

FirstName,

Gender;

SQL SELECT *

FROM School.dbo."Table_1";

STORE Table1 into Table1.qvd(qvd);

Secondly you cannot open qvd file with Desktop. only .qvw filed can be opened via desktop.

To open qvd file you can download qvd file reader like (Q-eye)

Regards

ASHFAQ