Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorting bar chart in Sense

Hi,

according to the Sense help file:

"Most visualizations have a Sorting section in the properties panel where you can drag the measures and dimensions to change the sorting order."

If I wanted to change the sort order of the below bar chart and sorted it by MonthYear first, I would need to drag MonthYear above Sales:

1.png

The issue is that drag&drop does not work for me. Can anyone explain how to do this? I have attached a simple .qvf I am playing with...

Best

Karol

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi qlikview_karol - I assume you are using a PC device that has a touchscreen?

This is a known issue with the Chromium interface we use and is being looked at.

You can open a supported browser such as FireFox or IE and access: http://localhost:4848/hub - and you can access the same interface - the sort should work - please let us know if this solved your problem.

I will update you on the issue, once I hear more from PM.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi qlikview_karol - I assume you are using a PC device that has a touchscreen?

This is a known issue with the Chromium interface we use and is being looked at.

You can open a supported browser such as FireFox or IE and access: http://localhost:4848/hub - and you can access the same interface - the sort should work - please let us know if this solved your problem.

I will update you on the issue, once I hear more from PM.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael, work around works fine on my laptop with touchscreen. How often is Qlik going to release bug fixes to Sense and how frequent can we expect releases with new features?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Karol - great to hear.

With certain issues like we are experiencing with the touchscreen on PC devices, I would imagine they would be addressed immediately and then posted to the next release which is when we will be also releasing the Sense Server version (which goes GA, slated for September-ish). If the issues are significant enough to disrupt a large part of users, it is handled with priority. On average Qlik can release up to 3 releases a year, (bug fixes, improvements, features) around every 3 to 4 months. This varies of course due to customer demand, etc.

Stay in touch with us - watch the latest videos that we post, and let us know how you are doing. We will be happy to assist to make sure you getting the proper experience with the software.

Also - if applicable - please mark this post as Correct / Helpful - if your issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. 🙂

Kinds Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

@mtarallo - Twitter

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I thought Sense releases will be more frequent Thanks for your help.

Karol

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

That is more of a generalization, I'll find out from our PMs and let you know.

Mike 🙂

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik