Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

FilterPane Document Extension

A while back I was asked if it was possible to put some list boxes onto a floating panel which would slide out when required, slide being the key word. The answer is yes and I've put a Document Extension together that does just that.

In essence the extension takes ALL objects that sit in the left 250px of a QlikView sheet and puts them on a new hidden, but accessible, panel and then shifts the rest of the objects over to the left, giving you another 250px of real estate to use for other purposes. A 'tab' on left side of QlikView provides access to the panel when clicked, touched or hovered over (depending on device), which will slide out over the existing objects and slide in again accordingly.

It's currently using jQuery to identify the current sheet/tab so if you have a QVW with the Tab Row hidden then you'll need to adapt the extension. It's by no means perfect as the size and positioning are currently coded into the script and css files and in an ideal world these would be configurable. The repositioning of containers is also not 100% accurate yet.

Please feel free to download/use/adapt and I'd be glad to hear your feedback.

Thanks

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Very sweet code, have you improved it at all since you created it?

can i show the hidden tab also on the right?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately I didn't really get time to look into any of the problems/enhancements with the extension although I'm sure it could be made much cooler. I know that some of our partners have taken the extension and redeveloped it to be much more sophisticated. If you have some web dev knowledge and experience with browser developer tools you can interrogate the QlikView layout and use that to expand on the functionality.

As much as I'd like to work on the extension I'm doubtful I'll get the time.

(My apologies as well for the rather delayed response)

Thanks

Nick

Not applicable
Author

Hi Walter,

Unfortunately the code is still the same as the original upload although I have heard of it being improved by others for specific applications.

In theory it should be simple enough to position on the right hand side providing you have some javascript skills. From memory I believe I'm looping through the elements and the panel and adjusting the "left" position. You should be able to swap this for the "right" position (and perhaps a few other minor tweaks) and job done.

(Apologies to you as well for the delayed reply)

Thanks

Nick