Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cummulative Graph

Hi All,

Any suggestion how to show cumulative calculation  ?

Problem Statement

• I have database which has all active and exit headcount details corresponding to each month.

I am using this formula to calculate average attrition for eachmonth  : Count(Exit)/(Count(Active)/Count(Distinct MONTH))

Now i need to show cummulative attrition percenatge for each month i.e. For the month of Feburary attrition will be :

( Total Exit in January and February ) / Average( Headcount in January and February)

Similarly for March :

Total Exit in January ,February & March  )/ Average( Headcount in January ,February & March )

Thanks

Anurag Gupta

6 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Anurag,

Is this for Qlik Sense or Qlikview development? Just want to make sure, so we can place you on the proper channels.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Giuseppe,

I am currently using QlikSense

Thanks

Anurag

Not applicable
Author

Hi Krish,

Can you please help me with Set equation  ?

Regards

Anurag

Not applicable
Author

After re-reading your post this may be an easier solution in Sense. This example would be your 'YTD' total Exits and you could use something similar with your average calcs:

rangesum(above(count(Exit),1,RowNo()))+count(Exit)

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

- let us know if you still require assistance on this - there is a very good article here http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/10/12/accumulative-sums that explains this using QlikView - but you can use these in Sense using expressions with the Load Editor - or within the Master Items to create new measures with these calculations.

If you attach your sample data, we can get a better idea of the structure.

Using rangesum is the correct way to go as Kris Balow mentioned.

I created some sample data (on what I best thought met your need and got this calculation:

sum( aggr( rangesum( above( (sum(Exit)/sum(active)),0,12) ),Month))

I am using SUM because my Exit and Active values are either 1 or 0.

Let us know.

Regards,

Mike

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
vikasmahajan

Hii

In Qlikview I Want to create view like http://community.qlik.com/message/163026#163026

I am attaching EMP.XLS  which as DOJ (Date of join) and DOL (date of leaving) and s_active 

for Active/In-Active.

Can you  give guide me how to achieve the same in Qlikview.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.