Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No Option to Run/Reload a Task

Hi All,

I have qlikview server and publisher installed. In QMC on the Publisher Settings tab, I changed the default source document path to point to the location of my documents. I restarted the machine to ensure all the QV services are restarted. I can see all the documents under the documents tabs but when I create a task, it doesn't give me the option to reload/run and hence it never appears on the task list or in the user documents. Any help will be appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You're running SR2. SR3 is out now, so you can try upgrading and see if that fixes the problem. SR2 was filled to the brim with bugs 🙂

Regards,

View solution in original post

12 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Can you post some screenshots to help illustrate the issue?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad, It won't allow me to add the picture

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Check under the Status tab and see if you have a play button there next to the task. Otherwise, try creating a recurring (e.g. daily) trigger on the task and see if that resolves the problem.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

I've tried all the trigers , daily, monthly etc but the Play button did not show up. The task is not on the Status tab and the file I created the task for does not appear under user documents either.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

The file won't appear in user documents unless and until you distribute it to your accesspoint. Does the task not appear in QEMC as well? What SR are you using?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

The task does not apear in QEMC, I do not know the SR, how can I check which SR I am using?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

To check which version you are using: QEMC --> System --> About --> Client Build Number. Your issue seems similar to this post: http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/26246.aspx. Are you using a SQL Server repository?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

The SR I am running is: 9.0.7320.7 on IE8. I've followed the response in http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/26246.aspx and checked code and the exixtence of the start.png and everything seems fine and yet I can't see the Play button

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You're running SR2. SR3 is out now, so you can try upgrading and see if that fixes the problem. SR2 was filled to the brim with bugs 🙂

Regards,