Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting a Reload Task that is not showing in QMC

I am currently testing in QV 9.0 SR3 Build 7440. I have created a simple reload task and ran it just fine. I then deleted the Source document path to this reload task (due to some other testing issues.) and then eventually added it back in. The Reload task tied to this particular Source document path was no longer available for selection (I was expecting that). I went to create the reload task again and it gave me an error stating that there was already a reload with the name. How can I get rid of the "ghost" reload task or get it to reappear? We are using the XML repository, and I am not vary familiar with XML.

Thanks,

JS

10 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I ran into this issue myself not long ago and it's really frustrating. Qlikview support says this is a bug that will be resolved with version 10.0, scheduled to be released late this year. You are correct that the only workaround is to manually clean out the repository in the meantime. Stop all Qlikview services. Then see this post for a list of XML files that you will need to modify (through cross-referencing one to another): http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/25325/96964.aspx#96964. When you are finished, start your services again.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply and I am currently looking into the files. Since I am testing, Is there anyway to just delete all and then start over?

JS

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sure. Just stop the services, rename the QVPR folder to something else (doesn't matter what), then start the services and a clean copy of the repository will be automatically generated.

Regards,

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

There is an easy way to delete this. Find the Orphan folder and it should be in there, then you can delete it.

Once the task is deleted from this folder it will be removed completely, no xml editing required.

/Karl

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Karl,

When I open the Orphans folder, I do not see any tasks listed. I see the same as your image but no Orphaned Task. I would love it to be that easy. Could I be missing something?

JS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just talked with a QV tech. Due to the fact that the Orphaned folder is tied to the Document Source path and since I deleted that path, the QEMC cannot link the task back to the orphaned folder. The orphaned folder works if you delete a Source Document and don't delete the associated tasks. He was going to enter it as a issue.

Thanks,

JS

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

I'm sorry I misread your original post, my mind processed source doc not source path. Yes this is a whole different ball of wax.

But for future reference, if you keep the same source path, and delete a qvw before deleting the associated task it will show up in the orphan folder and allow you to delete it.

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

an other solution, if you still have a copy of the cancelled qlikview document, is to psat this document into your folder, and then start the Qlikview management conssole. You can now delete the old reload task, and thenclear the document.

You can also create an other qlikview document using the same name than the qlikview file you have cancelled.

regards

Not applicable
Author

You dont even need the exact old filw. Just create a new document with the exact name and extension as the one you deleted, in the same folder.

Now you can remove the task and the document you have just created.