cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Zero at left are being discarted

Hello.

I´m having a problem.

One field of my table has Zeros at left side and althought I´m using "text(myfield) as myfield" in script, Qlikview keeps processing it without the zeros. Eg: Myfield = 00000120. Qlikview show it just like that, with the 5 zeros, but at processing level it does show all article where Myfield end with 120.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

BS.

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Rob...

But I´m using "text(myfield) as myfield" and it keeps returning the same way... thats what is confusing me!

Regards,

BS.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you post an example qvw or a table viewer screenshot? If myfield has been text(), QV should not associate 000120 with 0120. But it could be that you are linked on another similar field?

Do you get the individual values for myfield in a listbox?

Are you using myfield directly as a chart dimension or in a Calculated Dimension?

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Bruno,

See the attachment. If still not working please share you application , because as Rob suggested it is working.

Thanks,
AS

Not applicable
Author

Can you post an example qvw or a table viewer screenshot?

- I´ll work on that if needed.

If myfield has been text(), QV should not associate 000120 with 0120. But it could be that you are linked on another similar field?

- No, it´s not linked with another different field. This field is Key Field and it´s linked via Myfield to Myfield.

Do you get the individual values for myfield in a listbox?

- No, the other fields aren´t showed... all of them return the 00000120. I know the real codes from SQL Server.

Are you using myfield directly as a chart dimension or in a Calculated Dimension?

- No, I´m not...

Thanks,

BS.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you post any and all script that references myfield?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys!

Sorry for not respond, but I´ve had a few days out...

Rob´s answer was correct. The use of "Text()" is correct. It didn´t work then, because I was using it in the wrong script.

I´m extracting data from sql to qvd´s, and then load that qvd´s in a new qvw. I thought that the extraction was retrieving everything exactly as it was on sql server. The solution was to use:

Load xxxx,

text(nnnn) as nnnn,

.... ;

sql select * from....

This way the data that arrives at my second qvw is correct.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best Regards,

BS.