Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danm84306
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is this something QlikView can’t do? Skip missing fields

Based on countless hours of looking and replies to similar posts, I am guessing that you cannot skip a field in a load statement if the field does not exist. I am trying to load 1 field from multiple files that may have up to 7 different names but they all mean the same thing. The field is not always in the same column on each file. I am looking to simply skip the field if the name does not exist.
1 name will exist but only 1 of the 7 so I want to call all 7 fields but skip if the field is not listed.

Example:

Find OptionA, OptionB, OptionC, OptionD,OptionE, OptionF , or OptionG and call it OptionH

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

See

Challenge! No one has the right answer do far! Skip missing field.

And please refrain from double posting.

-Rob

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Donald,

With in a single load statement it is not possible, if you want it in a single statement then use * in Load statement.

Regards,

Jagan.

danm84306
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I can load all fields but the number of files, columns, and rows would take too long to pull. i just ran a test with 1 folder and 25 files with LOAD *. it has been 5 minutes and it is still going.

martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Donald,

And please refrain from triple posting!

Load multiple fields with different name into one.

Regards,

M.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Donald,

I think there is no other solution.

Regards,

Jagan.