Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reload Failure with SQL Data

I have recently received a C# script from QlikTech that will Trigger an EDX reload on QV 9.0 SR3 Publisher/Server. I have tested the RequestEDX script and I have it working to reload a document from qvd files only. I then went to reload a qvw that points to our SQL Server (MS SQL Server 2008) and I get the following error:

03/09/10 07:15:45: 0025 SQL SELECT *
03/09/10 07:15:45: 0026 FROM dw_data_test.dbo.agency
03/09/10 07:15:45: Error: SQL Error:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Dialog failed
03/09/10 07:15:45: SQL State:IM008
03/09/10 07:15:45: General Script Error
03/09/10 07:15:45: Execution Failed
03/09/10 07:15:45: Execution finished.

The document reloads fine on the same server using developer. Has anyone run accross this issue or know of a work around? There is not alot of documentation with EDX.

Thanks,

JS

PS The RequestEDX Script can be found on the forum.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks to a very helpful QV employee, this turned out to be something fairly simple. The Publisher Service Account did not have all the rights it needed to the SQL DB. We were able to get both the reload working and EDX.

The Native SQL client works just fine.

Thanks all for your comments! It helped narrow down the scope of the search.

JS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you're using an ODBC connection, verify that you've created at SYSTEM level and not USER, otherwise that DSN is not visible to QVS.
The EDX script just start the execution of a Task, nothing more, if the task fail is not related to the script, Regards.
corrado

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have verified that it is a System level ODBC connection. I agree it is not related to the EDX as when I try to run it in the QEMC it fails also. I will see if I can modify the title. I still get the error running the Reload on QEMC. I would think it is a permissions issue, but I have created the ODBC and Reload task as the same user. Again, the document reloads with no issues in developer on the same box.

Thanks, JS

Not applicable
Author

Try to use the standard SQL driver (preinstalled) not the Native, it work with SQL 2005/2008 too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks to a very helpful QV employee, this turned out to be something fairly simple. The Publisher Service Account did not have all the rights it needed to the SQL DB. We were able to get both the reload working and EDX.

The Native SQL client works just fine.

Thanks all for your comments! It helped narrow down the scope of the search.

JS