Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

QlikView_deployment - can I measure usage (via AJAX) at all?

Hi,

I'm just having an afterthought on this and I would like to have a confirmation or denial from you:

In our company, only the QlikView_developers have the client_SW installed, all others use AJAX in their browser.

=> Is the "QlikView_Governance_Dashboard" going to capture that at all, or is it just going to measure the reloads

of the apps?

=> The latter would in fact not tell us anything since all the apps are reloaded once or several times a day - by the server.

I'm just starting to dig into the manual. Possibly the answer is somewhere in there - but I need time to read it.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You get lot of information from governance dashboard,

If user is accessing QlikView application via File open in server, then this event will be captured.

If he is opening directly in desktop, this event will not be captured.

You can use governance dashboard or System monitor to get such details.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

sorry, I cannot read out of your answer whether or not I can get this information (about usage of an app via the browser) from the Governance_Dashboard.

Everyone except myself and my colleague (the development_team) uses QlikView in the Browser.

<=> If not, I will have to revert to the usage of the licenses for this - which is equivalent in the case of all the team-apps (every team has exactly one document_CAL for their app), but not so for the people holding Named_CALs of course.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You have to look at session tab from governance dashboard.

I think that's the only way at the moment

Regards

ASHFAQ