Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

GovernanceDashboard once more

Hi guys,

I am just starting to dig into the manual for the QlikView_GovernanceDashboard.

I have to set up the configuration now. That appears simple enough, only I have one question:

=> The GovernanceDashboard is installed on my laptop, but the QlikView_Server is on the physical server.

=> Can I enter network_paths for the Scan_Profile?

=> Can I install the GovernanceDashboard in a custom filepath on my laptop?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

14 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

merely have I entered the installation_directory (not the default) and I already have the first problem:

I get an error_message that unfortunately does not tell me anything

Fehler in Skriptzeile:

LET vErrorMessage = 'QVX Meta' & ' directory does not exist, cannot be reached, or is empty.' & chr(10) & 'Please validate path: ' & 'C:\Users\friedrich.hofmann\Documents\QlikView\Admin_Tools\QlikViewGovernanceDashboard\QVX_LastRun' & chr(10) 'NOTE: If you are referencing a UNC share, you must point to a subfolder within the UNC root and not directly to the root folder.'

Can anybody tell me what's wrong here? That directory QVX_LastRun exists in that file path all right ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Yes this works

You have to use unc paths.

have a look at attached image. It run successfully

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

but then I don't quite understand what can be wrong? That is a UNC path (to the directory where I installed the Governance_Dashboard), no?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

As the entire script used to build this governance dashboard is placed in hidden script.

I think we need to contact QlikView for any further modifications

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Oh, that's great 😉

That means we cannot do anything about this right now.

(except, there is a newer version by now, isn't there? I have 1.0.1, I couldn't find a newer one)

The thing is, I don't want to have it in the default_installation_directory because all our laptops and PCs are centrally managed and those central directories are, as a rule, out of bounds for regular users ...

Best regards,

DataNibbler

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I placed Governance dashboard in my local pc D drive.

No need for folder structure.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

I have found only one difference from the manual, that is that I don't have that templates directory in the directory where I installed the whole thing - but those subdirectories exist. So I'm working on the default profile. But that should not matter, I think?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Yes,

As long as you configure Configuration tab properly.

You will not have any issues.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Oh thank you, that is awesomely helpful 😉

anyway, I have found something now - well, I thought, maybe the script is looking for that default_directory and I found that I can at least open that location. I'll see if I am allowed to save anything there, else I'll have to move it all. I have now copied that profiles\template directory, given it a new name and I'm going to start once more in there...