Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

GovernanceDashboard once more

Hi guys,

I am just starting to dig into the manual for the QlikView_GovernanceDashboard.

I have to set up the configuration now. That appears simple enough, only I have one question:

=> The GovernanceDashboard is installed on my laptop, but the QlikView_Server is on the physical server.

=> Can I enter network_paths for the Scan_Profile?

=> Can I install the GovernanceDashboard in a custom filepath on my laptop?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

14 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Post your findings later

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hmm ... apparently, the script is looking for the directory > scanners/GovScanner < INSIDE my newly_created profile_directory now, that's what I can read from the somewhat strange error_message - but those directories (exist, but) are placed on the same level as the new profile_directory, not inside it.

What I have done is copy the profiles\template directory, give it a new name and move it up one level - but all this directory contains is by default

- The .qvw itself

- The log_file

- Three directories:

---  QVD_Historical

---  QVX_LastRun

---  config

All other directories are placed on the same level.

Could you have a look at what the directory_structure is looking like on your machine?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

With My version I cannot see any thing Except / in reload tab while loading from desktop and it got succeed.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I had to do some more moving - I moved the .qvw itself as well as the log_file out of my newly_created profile_directory, one level up so that that >scanners< directory is now on the same level as the qvw.

Alongside that is the profile_directory I created.

Now, when I click on "Validate paths", it runs without errors, so I guess that my filepaths for one are correct.

I will make an "enhanced screenshot" (with some arrows and such, I do that in Paint.Net) and attach it as soon as it's ready.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

well, now I'm at it, I might as well download the newest version first and then get the whole thing going.