Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Client Support, v8.50 SR3, for Mac OS

The President of our company is looking to get a Mac system. Does anyone know if QlikView Server v8.50 SR3 supports Mac?

Thanks

Walter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

We have a customer accessing the Access Point through his Mac Computer, via Safari, and he can see the applications with no problems. It uses the Java Client.

I don't understand why Karl says it is not supported, maybe I'm missing something.

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

no it is not supported on mac os. Only windows os.

/karl

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

We have a customer accessing the Access Point through his Mac Computer, via Safari, and he can see the applications with no problems. It uses the Java Client.

I don't understand why Karl says it is not supported, maybe I'm missing something.

Mike.

Miguel García
Not applicable
Author

He can also run QlikView by using a virtual Windows machine using Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion.

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

sorry I read the question as "can you install qvs on a mac" that is what I meant No to. As far as accessing apps hosted on a windows server from a mac using safari/ie/firefox/chrome/etc yes you can!

Cool

sorry for the confusion.

/karl

Not applicable
Author

Everyone - thank you for your replies. I am glad to know that our President will not loose access to QlikView by switching over to a Mac.

Walter

Not applicable
Author

I've tried to install Beta 10 (x64), Beta 10 (x86), and 9.0 SR5 (x86) Desktop on a Mac OS X Snow Leopard running Parallels Desktop with a Windows 7 Enterprise Virtual Machine.

I've received the QlikeviewDesktop_x86/64Setup_Eng.exe is not a valid win32 application every time. I've tried in both coherence and full modes as well as trying to open the executable from various locations on the c:\

Has anyone ever installed QV desktop on a Mac OX X running Windows 7 and Parallels? If so please help.

Thanks,

Michael

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I dont know why it should be a problem, never tried it. However, I have installed QlikView Desktop on a BootCamp partition running Windows 7.

Have you tried Bootcamp? is it an option?

Mike

Miguel García
Not applicable
Author

Bootcamp is not an option at this time, but thanks for the suggestion. I forgot to mention it's 64bit Windows and I'm also receiving the following error on the Beta install:

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

I can't speak for Parallels, but I have QlikView 10 RC running on a Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit VM (with 1GB of memory) using VMWare Fusion.