Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

google maps -- error image???

Sometimes when using google maps I get some kind of error image (see picture below)

error loading image

Anyone knows what happens here??

Anita

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hmm, I use Google Maps quite a lot, but never seen this before.

When do you get the image and where does it appear?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Most of the time this happens end of the day ...

Next morning everything is working fine again ...

Seems like google sends some sort of error image, but I can't find why and what's the reason.

Not applicable
Author

It does seem to be coming from Google Maps ... Perhaps there have been too many requests from one IP address.

We use an API to get coordinates back for the postal codes we send it and that API is restricted to 15,000 requests per 24 hours. Perhaps this is something similar.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Strange ...

When requested the API it says that it has no restrictions ...

And yesterday I did not have more requests than something like 300 requests ...

Today I'm retrieving coordinates for postal codes ... but no problems there yet ... only the visible map is giving problems this far ...

Not applicable
Author

Did you manage to sort this? as i am having the same problem only after about 10-20 requests.

Not applicable
Author

I get the same picture when using google maps. I think you can find your answer on de following website http://code.google.com/intl/nl/apis/maps/documentation/staticmaps/

Usage Limits

Use of the Google Static Maps API is subject to a query limit of 1000 unique (different) image requests per viewer per day. Since this restriction is a quota per viewer, most developers should not need to worry about exceeding their quota. However, note that we enforce an additional request rate limit to prevent abuse of the service. Requests of identical images, in general, do not count towards this limit beyond the original request.

If a user exceeds the limit as proscribed above, the following image will be displayed indicating that the quota has been exceeded:

This limit is enforced to prevent abuse and/or repurposing of the Static Maps API, and this limit may be changed in the future without notice. If you exceed the 24-hour limit or otherwise abuse the service, the Static Maps API may stop working for you temporarily. If you continue to exceed this limit, your access to the Static Maps API may be blocked.

Static Map URLs are restricted to 2048 characters in size. In practice, you will probably not have need for URLs longer than this, unless you produce complicated maps with a high number of markers and paths. Note, however, that certain characters may be URL-encoded by browsers and/or services before sending them off to the Static Map service, resulting in increased character usage. For more information, see Building a Valid URL.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Get 10 Google Maps API keys
Store those into an inline table
randomly take one API key to be used in the maps URL

-Alex