Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to distribute a PDF-File via E-Mail?

Hi all,

I have a Test-QlikView-File, where I created two reports.

Now im in the Enterprise Management Console - I want to distribute the Report (in PDF) via E-mail.
In "File Type" I already defined the PDF-Report. Now I want to send this report on my Email.

But where I can add a E-Mail adress or adresses? And what exactly I have to do?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Solved the Problem

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Solved the Problem

Not applicable
Author

Hi HofbauerAn,

I'm testing pdf ditribution and I have same problems as you posted on forum.

Could you please tell me how you coped with this problem? I dont use Active directory

how can I add email addresses?

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi monikak,

if you want to distribute reports to assigned persons, you have to do the following.
First make a list box in the QlikView Document, where you created the report for distributing.

In this listbox you have to write all Email adresses, where the Reports should send.

After that, go to the Publisher.

Here click "Open Document" and in the "Field containing recipient information" you have to choose the item, where you have written in the Email-Adresses in your QlikView document. For me its not User like on the screen - it's the field "Email" - you see it in the first picture. So here I had to choose Email, not User.

If you entered a valid Email Adress select "Email Adresses" in "Check user identity on".

In Destination choose Email.

Now run the task and the Reports you choose in Publisher should be distributed to the assigned Emails.

I can suggest the Tutorial from Rob. You can find it here:
http://robwunderlich.com/QvTutorial.html
There are explanations about how to create reduction and loop and reduce distribution.
Combine this with my post here, and you will get results 🙂