Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Copy over new version of App - retain Section Access etc

Hi All

I have an App that is in general use with security controlled via section access in the app.  This is in the live location.

I have the same app with the same section access in the dev location - I make changes to this version and ensure they are tested.

I tried just copying this dev version qvw and overwriting the other version in the file system, however, this causes the app to disappear from the access point for all users?

Can I make updates in dev and move them to live without removing all licences, reloads etc in QMC copying over the new version and then applying all settings back in QMC?

Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks

Dominic

11 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Make sure file name is not changed.

If you have same file name everything will be retained.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I did keep the file name the same and it disappeared from all user's access points?  I tried opening it and reloading then re-saving with no joy.  Only when I restored the other version did it reappear?

Not applicable
Author

Yeah Dominic,

If the file name is exactly the same as the previous one, everything should be as it was. But if the file name changes, even slightly then you will have to set the Category again for the access point. You can do this by going here.

Go to QMC > Documents > Click on your model > Document Information > Select Category.

Regards,
Marius

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Ok

In this case I would make sure that while replacing file there are no back end loads going on on server.

Had you consider this?

Can you tell be a bit more about distribution process you adopt?

Do you have QlikView publisher with you, or its just server only?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Perhaps I copied it while it was reloading though I don't think so.  Just Server.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Ok,

Then how you distribute application,

Is it via NTFS authorization.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Yes, via a batch file.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

May I ask here why don't you use QlikView Scheduler for the same.

Anyway's

I suggest you to create new folder and place this application in that folder.

Now apply security of folder from windows file system and add users to this folder.

open folder now right click your QlikView file and select inherited security.

I think this will resolve your issue.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Sorry ASHFAQ I misunderstood your previous question.  I use DMS authorisation.  access is set to authorised users and security is controlled in section access.