Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I get a OUT OF VIRTUAL AND/OR LOGICAL MEMORY, allocating 2MB, message, how can I fix this?

I am just getting started with Qlikview. I am loading and selecting a lot of data from my source system. Partially through the load I get a window popping up and saying:

OUT OF VIRTUAL AND/OR LOGICAL MEMORY, allocating 2GB

I don't understand where it is coming from, considering my machine has 4G of memory. Is there some settings somewhere in Qlikview to resolve this?

Thanks

Rick

2 Replies
happydays1967
Creator
Creator

Hey Ricky,

This can have a number of causes. First of all, when loading data it is always good practice to drop temporary/staging tables as soon as you don't need them anymore. With large datasets, sometimes it is better to do calculations step by step, and not in one go. Try to use unique field names, because QV uses associative links based on identical fieldnames. This can lead to unexpected and undesired results. If all above fails, try fiddling with the following settings:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings 7]
"ObjectMemoryLimitMB"="2048"
"SingleExpressionMemoryLimit"="1024"
"MemoryLimiterTuning"="300"
"MemUpgradeLimit"="0"
"OverrideMemoryLimiter"="0"

Hope it helps!

Regs Hans Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Regs Hans. That gives me an idea for sure. Qlikview has the settings on the Users settings which alters some of these but the information you provided gives me a few ideas.

Thanks again.

Rick