Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Lauching a batch in QV doesn't work in QMC

Hello everyone,

What I am trying to do :  I want to receive an email after a reload is completed.

Method 1: I use Alerts, the condition is 1=1 (always true) and the selected event is "at the reload".

It works when I manually  reload my application from QV Desktop. But then, when I reload my app from QMC (QMC is on another server), it doesn't work anymore, I receive no emails.

Method 2 : Using a batch to send the email

I use blat to do so.  I have put the blat folder in the C :   C:\blat   on the developing server as well as on the production server (where QMC is).

My batch works well when I execute it on his own (on both servers).

Then, I added this line at the end of the script of my app :

EXECUTE C:\blat\blat -to myadress@blabla.com -subject "test" -body "test body" -server 172.16.18.72 -port 25 -u smtp -pw FEnfwE2bslz9E2b3rksvxnvwZq -f myadress@blabla.com -debug;

It works well on the developper server: When I mannually reload it, I receive the email.

When I reload my app in QMC : There is no error (the app doesn't fail) but I dont receive the email.

This is what I have  in the log of the app :

04/09/2014 11:58:59: 0013  EXECUTE cmd.exe /C "C:\blat\mail-test.bat"

04/09/2014 11:58:59:      Execution finished.

Thanks you for all your suggestions

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Has your production [QMC] server got rights to use server 172.16.18.72 as an smtp relay ?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it has.

As I said, my batch works when I execute it on the production server, the problem comes out when I run it from the application reloaded in QVS.

thanks again for your help

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Both servers the same QV version?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Yes 

Not applicable
Author

Have you enabled so batch is allowed on the server? In the QlikViewDistributionService.exe.config

<!-- Enable calling the QlikView Distribution Service in batch mode. -->

<add key="EnableBatchMode" value="true" />

Not applicable
Author

Hi ako,

You're right, the value of "EnableBatch Mode" was false.  I have changed it to true, save the file. Restart the QV services and try again to reload my app (that execute the batch) from QMC but i haven't received the email either..