Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView app cached in the browser?

Greetings everyone!

it happened to me few times that I update an app in production with new straight table columns but those newly added columns do not appear if you access the app from the browser. ( I had made sure the task was ran ).  Now i can't remember if the app in user documents folder shows the new updates or not but I'm 100% sure the app in Source Docs was updated. the solution was to delete the meta data file and app from the User Docs folder and re-run the task.

I can't recreate the issue at hand. but it already happened few times and the client has noticed it.

Has this happened to anyone around here? and what is the solution to it?

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

What version of QlikView you use?

Can you try by below and let me know if that help

1) go to QMC--> System --> Setup --> QlikView Server --> Document tab --> Unckeck Allow Session Recovery

2) go to QEMC--> Document --> User Document --> Select your application --> Server --> Performance --> and uncheck preload.

Now schedule task and let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I'm using QlikView 11.20.12354.0

thanks for the tips, I will try it out right now but since I can't recreate the issue I won't be able to tell you if it worked until the issue appears again and in that case I will tell you it did not work

has anyone had this happened to them?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Another tip.

Do not copy/replace your application when there is back end schedule in process.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Do you suggest disabling the task when updating the source doc ?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

No,

but make sure that no task run while copying file.

Regards

ASHFAQ

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you close this thread.

Regards

ASHFAQ