Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Running export to excel macro from task scheduler

Hi All,

I wrote a macro that export  tables objects to excel. I want the macro to run automatically every 2 hours. So I created a scheduled task that runs a batch file every 2 hours. The batch contains: "C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /VvTriggerMacro=1 "MyDashboard.qvw"  and my QVW has on open trigger to run the macro.

when running the batch file by double click, everything works fine. But while running from the task scheduler the macro stack in the following line: "CREATEOBJECT("Excel.Application")".

I tried some solutions from the Internet but it's still not working.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi Michal,

i had a similar problem with this recently for me it was an issue with Microsoft excel not being installed on the environment I was working within (on one of my QV servers). Do you have the software installed?

Not applicable
Author

Yes we do..

marcus_sommer

It's a security issue. Among other things like access to the file-system, proper settings on modul security needs the batch-user rights to create new objects and/or accessed to external files and execution from files and exports (user settings --> security).

- Marcus