Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sense not starting after crash

I suffered a BSOD while Sense was open and I am now unable to open Sense at all. I have tried to remove Sense, rebooted my laptop and then re-installed Sense from the current download version and I still get the same issues.

Double click Sense desktop icon

Splash screen appears with correct version number

Splash screen disappears and very briefly see spinning "working" icon

Sense closes without error message

I have attached the application logs as requested elsewhere.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

Did you delete all of the Apps in the c:\users\...\Apps folder?  I would try to delete all the related Sense folders and then do a fresh reinstall.

Next time - i would just try deleting the apps (most likely a corruption which R&D is looking into).

Arthur

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Adam - I will reports this and have someone look into it.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

Did you delete all of the Apps in the c:\users\...\Apps folder?  I would try to delete all the related Sense folders and then do a fresh reinstall.

Next time - i would just try deleting the apps (most likely a corruption which R&D is looking into).

Arthur

Not applicable
Author

Try removing all the folders starting with QlikSenseBrowser from you temp catalog. Easiest is probably to search for %temp% in explorer and then look for the folders.

Please keep us informed of you progress.  

Bodil

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have renamed the C:\users\...\Sense folder to Sense_Old and I can now start the Sense Desktop. A new Sense folder is created and I started to migrate my data across.

Knowing that I only had a single app open at the time of the crash I was able to isolate the issue to that single app. With the broken app in the Apps folder Sense will not start. If I remove the app again Sense has no problems starting.

Happy to share the app if it would offer insight into what is causing the crash. It only contains public data and a whole lot of mucking around with maps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for sharing, just checked with your application and for me it worked to open Sense. Just the Application is not working as it throws an error that an object could not be found.

Did you use any Extensions in the Application?

Not applicable
Author

Just want to add that we can reproduce the issue with the released build and it is fixed in later Versions and QlikSense will start anyway. We just have to check what happened with the application. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Excellent, glad to hear it is already fixed for the future.

Is there any way to recover the broken application? It contained some useful work around converting a series of points to a path and had a lot of maths in the script I don't want to repeat.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately the broken app could not be recovered.

I understand that it doesn't help you much now, but for future, it is always good to create duplicates of apps when working with modeling data on apps that consume large amounts of memory.