Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

AD group access

Hi ,

We have webserver authentication  type as NTLM and login page is default login page.

We are using AD groups to enable access to the user. It is working fine, Would like to know when the new user is added to the user group do we need to refresh the Qlikview dashboard so that the access will be enabled to the user or once the user is added by default the user will have the access to the Qlikview dashboard even without refreshing the Qlikview task.

13 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Tomas,

This is working as designed. "User" CALs are assigned to individual "User"s and not to groups.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hi Bill

I understand that User CALs works only with users (in the case, from my AD).

My point is that, if I have a group in my AD, this group still gets listed in my Named CALs assignment.

Is this the expected design?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is expected design. The Directory connected is used for more than one thing. It is used to assign CALs and it is used to setup authorization on documents (Groups).

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Thanks