Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Animated GIFs not working on QlikView 11.20 SR7

Hello,

I am developing QV documents with QV 11.20 SR7 and all the animated GIFs I put into my documents (on Text objects) are not showed animated. It occurs me too with any other documents (tutorial, samples, documents developed with other versions that worked good,...).

However I open the same document in other PC with QV 11.20 SR3 and all the animated GIF are showed correctly (animated). Too, if I uninstall QV 11.20 SR7 and then install QV 11.20 SR3 IN THE SAME PC, QlikView is showing too the animated GIFs in the same document.

This problems occurs with the QV FinalTutorial.qvw too. If I open this document with QV 11.20 SR7 the QlikViewWater.gif is not animated, and If I open this document with QV 11.20 SR3 the GIF is showed animated. I have not tested this on other QV 11.20 versions.

Is this a bug of the last version (11.20 SR7)? This problem occurs to more people too?

Thanks.

12 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Luis,

are you trying this in developer client or Ajax? Can you guide where I can get the QV finaltutorial.qvw?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Till 11.2 sr5 its working fine.

Its not working from 11.2 sr6 and sr7 I tried both. You must report this to support to fix this in next release.

Giuseppe Novello

Both files are attached for your reference.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Giuseppe_Novello

Just want to confirm, that your complain is only with developer client? Since, in Ajax it won't work and if it doesn't work it is as expected.

Thanks!

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

yes,

Its not working in Desktop Client In turn IE pluggin client.

for Ajax it will not work and this is as expected.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Giuseppe_Novello

okay, thank you! Well, please go head Luis and open a support ticket with your respective Qlik support office.

for further help and log this a bug.

Best Regards,

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for your comments. Thanks for your testing too, Ashfaq.

I have reported this to QV support and they have passed the case to their development team. They have checked it's a bug and it occurs in the recently released SR8 too.

The bug will be away on next version

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I have checked in sr8 and its not fixed.

Good that you reported to support.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

QV says me it will be fixed in SR10, about January 2015.

Regards.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, I can confirm that it is fixed in the SR10 QV Desktop. Animated GIFs are, er... animated again.