Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cohort Tracking

Hi, I'm trying to understand how to track a cohort of customers over time. So I start with a base and want to track that distinct base over time. I've attached an example qvw that illustrates this but can't see if this is possible using set analysis or alike.

For example, I need to understand how I go about tracking the 640 distinct ids in Enterprise over each quarter but right now am only calling out ids as they are now in Enterprise as oppose to tracking the original 640.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I think you are asking how you can track a specific group (or cohort) of customers over time.  A few ideas come to mind:

1. You could specify the customers you wish to follow in a separate island table that that is populated with just the cohorts you'd like to follow.  For example, if the cohort you wished to follow was just two companies: 22835 and 22839, then you could make a separate table with just those two (or however many) keys and simply use Set Analysis statements to show aggregations of only those two companies. (see attached example)
  2. You could use Bookmarks with Set Analysis.  The bookmark would contain only those companies you've pre-selected that you wish to follow.
  3. You could use indirect Set Analysis P() and E() functions to identify only those cohorts that meet some criteria.

Hope this helps.

!