Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using "on Post Reduce data"

Hi

I have tried Section Access recently and reduced data using "USERID" and "PASSWORD" .

So, when i close the qvw in which the section access code is written and open it, it is prompting for the userid and password.

I want to know how the option in Doc Settings - "On Post Reduce Data" works.

Have added an action to reload the application - On Post reduce data. Have added a text box to show me the reload time.

When i open the application, i enter the USERID and PASSWORD , and the reduced data can be seen.

But the reload is never triggered. Am i missing something here?

3 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Sri Priya,

You can assign an action to be executed after each time the Reduce Data command has been executed on selecting OnPostReduceData.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Find the attached document for example. save the document in a path. Then click File-->Reduce Data-->Keep Possible values.

Once you reduce the data, the document will reload automatically

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shankar

Thank you for the response. But my question is a little diferent.

I was trying the same reload of the application, on post reduce data, with Section Access.

When we apply section access, its same as reducing data.. correct?

So I applied security to my application using "USERID" and "PASSWORD" .

So, when i close the qvw in which the section access code is written and open it, it is prompting for the userid and password and shows the reduced data.

On Post reduce data i have given an action of "Reload" to be triggered, which is not happenning.

Can some one explain why it was not happenning?

Thanks