Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Do you need 2 distinct access points when running both QlikView 11 and Qlik Sense ?

During the IT Director scenario, the question about having to use 2 different access points was not answered.

When a customer has already deployed QlikView 11 with an access point, and wants to add Qlik Sense to the picture, what will he have to do ? Will both product have completely separate access points and security, or is there a way to combine them into a single entry point ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the moment you will need two separate servers one for Sense and one for QlikView. This will also mean two access points, or rather one access point and one Hub. As the Sense server proxy can be extended I expect creative people will find ways of integrating the Hub and Access Point. But you will still need two separate server architectures.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

And what about server. Regarding to the IT Director scenario, seem's you can't install Qlikview Server and QlikSense Server on the same hardware ? Is it true? I'm forced to have 2 distinct servers to host QlikView and QlikSense ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the moment you will need two separate servers one for Sense and one for QlikView. This will also mean two access points, or rather one access point and one Hub. As the Sense server proxy can be extended I expect creative people will find ways of integrating the Hub and Access Point. But you will still need two separate server architectures.

jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It would indeed be great to use the Sense hub to automatically be redirected to the QlikView AccessPoint, so that the users only need to navigate to 1 single "Qlik" portal for all their information.

Having this out-of-the-box would greatly facilitate existing Qlik customers to start with Sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but given the fact the QlikView and Sense are targeted to different types of users it may not make Sense to have it combined in one Portal

jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Any news on developments allowing to have the same accesspoint for QlikView and Sense content ?

I have found QlikPortal on Qlik Branch which seems to do what I'm looking for : QlikPortal

Has anyone experience with this extension, and how it works ?