Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Plot values on line in a combo chart

Hi guys,

I have this chart (see picture). I want to display on the red dotted line values as well, e.g 5 and 6 in this case (5 above the bar with 5 in it and 6 above the bar with the 6 on it). I was able to display 5 and 6 in the bars, but I can't do it on the line as well.

My table is like this:

Name     Target     Achieved

A               1               1

B               1               1

C               1               0

etc        

etc

etc

Thank you so much,

Adrian

PS: No scripts please, I have the free version so I cannot open them

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If the dotted line is a reference line created on the Presentation tab then you cannot show values on it, only one label is possible. If your chart is a combo chart and the line an expression displayed as line then you should be able to display the values on the line too by enabling the Values on Data Points option for the line expression.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

The dotted line is a line which was created with a formula. Ticking values on data points didn't help. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Adrian

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post an example document that demonstrates the problem?

Not applicable
Author

I've attached the qvw and the excel I've used. Take a look over it, please and let me know what should I change so the values are displayed on the dotted line as well.

Try not to send it back, because I wouldn't be able to open it.

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The reason you don't see any values on the line is because the axis ends at 100%. There's no room to display the values. If you set the max to 1.05 you'll see the values.

Not applicable
Author

That looks good, but instead of 100%, how can I display 5 and 6 on the line? At this stage I have 100% and 100% but I need the integer 5 and 6.

Thanks you so much for your time

Not applicable
Author

I can display values on the lines, I can display values on the bars, but I can't do it on both of them in the same time. This is the problem