Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Colored pattern in bar-chart

Hi,

How do I change the color a pattern in a bar chart? I know how to activate the patterns, but I have no idea how to color them. Is it even possible?

I also tried it with the background color in the expression, but this doesn't work either...

My expectation would be "the mix" of the two attached pictures...

Any idea?

Best regards,

Moritz

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

As I understand it, the options for bars is either colours or black & white patterns.

The patterns are designed as an option for printing colour charts on black & white printers.

There is no option for coloured patterns, only for different colours.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Moritz,

I guess you have to use bar offset in your chart. click on the + in expression tab where you will find bar offset. Find the attached document. Might be helpful.

Not applicable
Author

shankarece,

thank you for the quick response.

I guess you missunderstood me, I'll explain my problem again.

In my company we have some kind of tasks, called ESO (electronic service order). They are registered in a program which records the time it takes our employee to complete the task. In this chart i am trying to visualise the time period for each type of task. The time period is split in to the 'waiting period' (time it takes till someone takes care of the task) and the processing time (time it takes the employe to finish the task). I would like to display these two in different colors.

Now here's the problem:

As we have several departments in our company and each of these departments has different types of tasks, I need to visualise these several departments. This would mean, I'd like to have some patterns to differentiate our departments. So far so good, would be no problem. But if I activate the pattern, the bars loose their color.

So what am I supposed to do?

About your attached file I need to say, that the problem (bar color) didn't occur there...

The only difference I can find is that I use an expression for the bar color in my document and you don't...

Thanks for your incredibly quick response anyway!

I hope you can help me anyway...

Best regards (and sorry for my very bad english, I am swiss...)

Moritz

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Like the attached one you want? !

Not applicable
Author

I miss the pattern in your example.

Imagine each year bar with a different pattern.

But I guess it's not possible so far...

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Moritz,

I understood now. You want to display different pattern(like different colour) for each bars in the chart. As far as i know there is no option to have different pattern for different bars. However, you can refer the thread hereFill Pattern on Bar and/or Pie charts

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2697

Colin-Albert

As I understand it, the options for bars is either colours or black & white patterns.

The patterns are designed as an option for printing colour charts on black & white printers.

There is no option for coloured patterns, only for different colours.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that was exactly my idea.

Thank you for your help and for the links to the other topics.

I wish you a nice day!

Best regards,

Moritz

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer Colin.

Now I understand why this option is missing, makes totally sense.

I will use the patterns correct now

Wish you a nice day!

Moritz