Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Task running for days. How to stop?

Hi,

I have a task running each weekday with 120 hours interval.  Now it's been running for two days.  I can't stop it.  I disabled it by right clicking and choosing Disable.  When it started again (automatically) it still has the two days old date and time in started/scheduled column.

How can I totally stop it?

// Fjalar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have solved the problem   In the Log I sent to you I found the ProcessID. Then  I found the process in Task Manager by showing the PID and killed the process.  After that the task was marked as "Failed" in QMC.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Did you try by restarting QlikView Services?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

What effect does that have when you have other tasks running?  There are tasks running constantly 24/7.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Restart QDS Service

Best Regards

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

In this case I Think you have to stop it via

QMC--> status --> Task tab --> Select your task --> Right Qlik and stop.

If you tried this earlier, I'm not sure how it works without restarting, may be Bill Britt can help here with his idea if any.

Regards

ASHFAQ

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Restarting QDS will stop all currently running tasks. As mentioned by Fjalar Jörundsson tasks runs 24/7

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Yes I tried to stop it without success.  But I could disable it. Then it disappeared from running tasks.  Then when I choose enable again it still had the two days old date and time in started/scheduled column.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Yes it will show old date, untill your task is triggered for next run.

What is your concern here, do you think that you have some missing data or what?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

As I said it should run each two hours all weekdays.  Now it is still running since last Monday and I can't stop the task.

The task has the following triggers:•Once every 120 minutes every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

Last execution: 2014-09-08 06:56:01

Started/scheduled: 2014-09-08 08:56:02

Average duration of successful executions: 10 min 34 sec

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

By looking at

Last execution: 2014-09-08 06:56:01

Started/scheduled: 2014-09-08 08:56:02

Average duration of successful executions: 10 min 34 sec

The process is hang somewhere, the only thing I can think of is to restart services.

I don't know how bad that will impact you.

Can you confirm if there any any logs generated for 9th or 10th sep in the below path

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

Regards

ASHFAQ