Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ABC Analysis

Hi there,

I have one question; I would like to have for a procurement analysis the ABC ranked sums of each category to see the relations between the sum of purchasing value, the actual inventory, the number of SKU's etc.

I found examples for a regular ABC-ranking by e.g. materialnumbers but not as sums per category.

I understand that mostprobably I have to work with a calculated dimension like this:

=if(aggr(PurchasingValue, MatNo) <= fractile(TOTAL PurchasingValue, 0.8), '-A-',

(and so on....), but in this case the result will give me as category A the first 80% of the material numbers and not the first 80% of the desired purchasing volume.

On the attached excel sheet I demonstrate the result as an example, that I would like to have...

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this document helps: ABC Analysis to set and remember classification at runtime

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

first of all thank you for your remarks. Of course I know Christof's solution very well. But it exactly shows the problem I have; his ABC ranking relates to the number of vendors, not to the ranking of the purchasing volume (...that I would like to have).

So if you could think a little bit about this issue, I would be happy 😉

Guenter