Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OCX module is prepared for unload - cannot create object

Hello,

'qvw' files are working well, but server sometimes showed me an error message.

"OCX module is prepared for unload - cannot create object"

error loading image

Please let me know, If you were a experience in this case.

Thank you.

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Guys - no updates from QlikTech yet - perhaps you'll have better luck with a support request.

Not applicable
Author

Just checking in with the community again - does anyone have any new information on this?

We have tried many things (adding to trusted sites and checking the data execution prevention etc.) but still encounter this error when re-accessing a plug-in document or when reloading a plug-in document.

Thanks for any information that may help us to further understand and get over this issue.

Not applicable
Author

This issue is under investigation at the moment here at QlikTech. Smile

Not applicable
Author

I experienced this for the first time on Windows 7, I look forward to the fix.

Not applicable
Author

Problem is resolved in version 9 SR4.

Not applicable
Author

No, this does not appear to be the case.
We are still seeing this issue in our test lab with QlikView 9 SR4.

Can anyone verify my version string to make sure that we have QV 9 SR4?

It is: Version=9.00.7469.8

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Good Morning,

I'm having the same error ("OCX module is prepared for unload - cannot create object") on two different kind of workstations.

Here is my configuration:

1. Your QlikView Server Version: QVS9 SR3
2. Is QlikView Server 32 or 64-bit? 64-bit
3. The affected user workstation, is it running WIndows7, Vista or XP? Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit and Windows XP 32-bit
4. Is the affected workstation operating system 64-bit or 32-bit? 64-bit (7) and 32-bit (XP)
5. Does your plug-in version match the QlikView Server version, or do you see it regardless of the versions involved? Yes, it does match with QlikView server version.
6. Is the user's browser a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer? It's IE8 32-bit for my Windows 7 64-bit workstation, and it's a IE7 32-bit for my Windows XP 32-bit workstation.

Did you find a workaround?

Thanks,

Federico Biavati

Not applicable
Author

I am sorry to say that I have not found a solution yet either. Has anyone else been in contact with QlikView, and if so, can you offer us some advice?

Thanks so much.

- DJ

Not applicable
Author

Community friends and colleagues: Has anyone in the comunity who was previously experienceing this issue been able to certify that this has in fact been addressed with QlikView 9 SR4? We are not seeing this as the case - we still see the issue in our lab. With so may Windows 7 and IE8 upgrades coming, we need to know how to plan accordingly.

Thanks to everyone so far for their information and desire to troubleshoot.

- DJ

Not applicable
Author

Good news - The issue is resolved with QlikView Plug-in 9.0 SR5!