Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SAP DSO Connector - Meta Data, but no data returned

I have a situation with the SAP connector. We are connecting to SAP BW using the DSO connector. The connection is successful and we are able to read the data structure of the tables (fields, column names) but not  the data itself. WE can see the Meta Data (fields names etc), but no data id returned. The SAP admin at the client site confirmed that the user has SAP_ALL privileges and that there is in fact data in the tables and no firewalls present.

Can someone help explain to me why we can access the metadata but not the data itself?

Thanks in advance.

Haider

5 Replies
nam
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi

Please Get SAP admin to check if a Dump was created in SAP.

This usually happens when the SAP Buffer runs out of space and hence times out.

Put in a where clause on some field to make sure your only bringing back fewer records , also reduce your columns to just a few for testing, if you are successfully able to extract fever columns for fewer records then the issue is related to SAP buffer.

1. Get admin to increase the buffer size

2. Create for loop on some field and carry out multiple chunks of the data and concatenate it back in the QVD's.

Most times a Buffer timeout results in the 'File extdata.cpp, line xxx....' error but not always.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

In order to avoid errors in the DSO connector, i just use the SAP SQL connector in order to extract the data from the DSO a-table . All you need to do is figure out the DSO a-table name (assuming your SAP SQL connector is properly installed)

Thanks

Yaniv

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response. The issue was with the MDX parser in the end, nothing else.

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/mdx-parser-librf32dll-requirement-2767758

Regards

Haider

userid128223
Creator
Creator

Yaniv

When you say SQL connector do you mean choose database as

QvSAPConnector.dll (64)

Gives me Script Builder window after i connect, what are steps after that to build query.

Note: and how do you find table name if you don't have access to SAP system. Is there website that has all the standard DSO names mapped to their table name.

or do you use this as connector QvSAPQueryConnector.dll (64)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can create a simple extraction from the "A table" of a DSO using the SQL connector .

To do that, you will need the DSO name, for example ZSD_O01 (meaning the DSO is in customer namespace)

In that case the DSO "A table" will be: /BIC/AZSD_O0100

Your basic select statement will be :

SQL Select * FROM /BIC/AZSD_O0100 ;

In case the DSO is Business Content (SAP namespace) it's technical name will start with '0', for example: 0SD_O01

The "A table" name will be: /BI0/ASD_O0100

Yaniv