Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

QVDMigration scramble consistency

A customer is considering to move data from their production environment to development/test. Before doing this there are data security issues that need to be solved and scrambling data values could be one solution to handle this. I'm considering to introduce the QDF and the QVDMigration.qvs to handle this.

I have one question and one feature request.

Question

Is it possible to get consistency between values in scrambled values in different qvd files. As an example - email address is used as key between two tables in the data model and after scrambling the data the customer still want the link key to be valid. I know this is not best practice, but this is the situation at the moment.

Feature request 

I would like to see an option to exclude fields instead of only including fields. I want to migrate all fields except [Dimension A]. If another field is added to the qvd in the future I want it to be included into the migration without having to do any edit to the migration setup.

Best regards

Vegar Lie Arntsen

egbs consulting ab

http://bi-effekten.se

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Vegar, to date the scramble is totally random except for the row length that's intact, so please keep the keys unscrambled. But in the future we would like add a hash functionality based on a input salt. It won't be as secure but consistent so it will work for keys. Exclude would also be a nice addition

regards

Magnus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Vegar, to date the scramble is totally random except for the row length that's intact, so please keep the keys unscrambled. But in the future we would like add a hash functionality based on a input salt. It won't be as secure but consistent so it will work for keys. Exclude would also be a nice addition

regards

Magnus

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Thank you Magnus Berg for the answer. I'll advise my client to handle the key field issue in QlikView before we start migrating QVD files.