Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

A few minor problems I've run into

Hi everyone, I'm a new Qlikview user. Trying to do the certification exam scenario. I'll be providing what I have and what I'm supposed to have, so if you could help me out that would be great.

First problem: Gauges...

This is what I'm supposed to have. And this is what I currently have.

Also, how do I use a text object to show the current value it shows? For example, the margin on that gauge is around $300k, and I want a text object to show it, and to update when I change the fields.

2nd Problem: Showing Margin in a bar/line chart

This is what I'm supposed to have. And this is what I currently have.

How do I get my margin line to move up? And how do I get those tiny blocks on the data points?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

the first part of the question is not clear to me.

The second part:

1) If you want an Expression to use the second axis on the right,

goto the "Axes" tab; select the expression you want to change; select "Right" in the "Position" frame

2) If you want to add symbols (dot, square, ...) to a line,

goto the "Expressions" tab; select the expression you want to change; select "Symbol" in the "Display options" frame

you can select different symbols from the dropdown list

you can change the size of the symbols and the thickness of lines under the "Presentation" tab

Greetings

Piet

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

the first part of the question is not clear to me.

The second part:

1) If you want an Expression to use the second axis on the right,

goto the "Axes" tab; select the expression you want to change; select "Right" in the "Position" frame

2) If you want to add symbols (dot, square, ...) to a line,

goto the "Expressions" tab; select the expression you want to change; select "Symbol" in the "Display options" frame

you can select different symbols from the dropdown list

you can change the size of the symbols and the thickness of lines under the "Presentation" tab

Greetings

Piet

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much! This definitely solved my second question!

As for clearing up the first question

I need the gauge to look like this.

The part at the bottom which gives the margin amount, is a moveable object. I'm guessing its a text object which is somehow linked to the data.

Thanks again!

Not applicable
Author

It is in the presentation tab. go to add text in chart then add your formula there.

to move it in the chart click ctrl shift

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for telling me Ctrl + Shift!

I put the formula in: Sum(Margin), but it does not show the data. instead it just shows the words of the formula. This is what I have right now.

Not applicable
Author

The box is called "Text in Chart", so unless you tell it otherwise, it will treat your formula as text. This should solve it:

=NUM(SUM(Margin))

Any number formatting you would want to do would come after the expression...like this:

=NUM(SUM(Margin), '#,###.#%')

Please let me know if that works!

Not applicable
Author

Jason,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply, this has solved my problem.

This community definitely makes it much easier to learn and use Qlikview, kudos to you all!