Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Print to PDF/Convert to PDF Image Quality Concerns

Hello Community,

I am using a licenced copy of Qlikview 11.2 as well as Adobe Acrobat X Pro. While printing/converting a report to PDF the four Traffic gaunges in my Summary section suffer a deteriation in the quality of the imaging. It can still be made out, but gives the report a less professional appeal in my opinion. I have seen this as an issue for a few users, but haven't been able to find a solution that quite worked for my circumstance.

Can anyone offer some direction on this?

Regards

M

9 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

In qlikview , under user preferences -> printing -> enable 'bypass postscript printing' , then close reopen qlikview and your app and retest.

it will likely be better but perhaps not perfect.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your response.

This was one of the solutions I attempted to implement, but I found that after 1.5 hours the process was still not completed. Seeing as how I have a rather speedy turn around time required that amount of time is not visable.

Regards,

M

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Understood.  This widens the scope a bit but consider a reporting package extension such as NPRINTING from www.vizubi.com.

Its a very cost effective way to dramatically enhance the ability to  improve not just PDF documents, but extend to XLS, PPT, WORD and others.   I would recommend them.

CIA Report Manager is another one that is received very well.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Although I agree NPrinting has some solutions, I wouldn't call this cost effective for an image quality concern as I actually found their pricing to be quite high.

I'm reaching out to CIA Report Manager to see if they are more reasonable.

I'll post what I decide.

Regards,

M

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Here you have an example ...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for sharing, I do see a lot of value.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately Jonathan CIA Report Manager Pricing was a little high as well. It's not that I don't see value in their solutions, but rather I have one problem, and one price solution would be preferable.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Myles Holland.

I have never tried to convert a report to PDF the four Traffic gaunges. But I wonder whether there are some PDF to Image converter can help with that? Youcan google it and select one whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you convert PDF to image files, namely, PDF to BMP, PNG, JPG, TIFF, etc.. You'd better check its free trials before your order. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron

Not applicable
Author

Please read the guide, there may be available code sample for you to solving PDF printing issue.

Besides, also thanks for Enrique's sample for it.

Best regards.