Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Edit script to add distribution information

I'm trying to add a table with NTNAME etc. into the Governance Dashboard to enable the use of my client standard Loop and Distribute method in QMC. Running Governance Dashboard with the security code (or any code) added to the script, nothing happens.

Is it possible to add custom script to the governance dashboard?

Is there an "end script" command in the hidden script preventing me of adding custom code? Are there any work around. I tried binary load, but it feels like hidden script is run anyway.

Vegar Lie Arntsen

egbs consulting ab

http://bi-effekten.se

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Vegar Arnsten,

Yes, there is an "Exit Script" at the end of the script.

You basically have two options. Note that option 2 gets you into the "not supported" realm, so proceed at your own risk .

1) If you can get execute your script before the data is loaded, you can use the UserConfig script.  You’d want to follow the instructions online about using a UserConfig script. (see HERE). Just create a .txt file with the script above in it, turn ‘on’ UserConfig script in the configuration page of the Governance Dashboard, and input the filepath to you UserConfig script.

2) Remove the hidden script in a copy of the Governance Dashboard and use "Binary"

1. Create a copy of the Governance Dashboard, calling it GovernanceDashboardNoScript.qvw
  2. Create a new folder named “GovernanceDashboardNoScript-prj” in the same folder as the new .qvw
  3. Open GovernanceDashboardNoScript.qvw, click SAVE, then close it.
  4. You should now have many xml and other files in the –prj folder
  5. Delete the DocBinary.dat file (contains the load script)
  6. Open GovernanceDashboardNoScript.qvw again and click OK on the warning message
  7. Save and close the app
  8. Delete the PRJ folder
  9. No you have an app without a script

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Vegar Arnsten,

Yes, there is an "Exit Script" at the end of the script.

You basically have two options. Note that option 2 gets you into the "not supported" realm, so proceed at your own risk .

1) If you can get execute your script before the data is loaded, you can use the UserConfig script.  You’d want to follow the instructions online about using a UserConfig script. (see HERE). Just create a .txt file with the script above in it, turn ‘on’ UserConfig script in the configuration page of the Governance Dashboard, and input the filepath to you UserConfig script.

2) Remove the hidden script in a copy of the Governance Dashboard and use "Binary"

1. Create a copy of the Governance Dashboard, calling it GovernanceDashboardNoScript.qvw
  2. Create a new folder named “GovernanceDashboardNoScript-prj” in the same folder as the new .qvw
  3. Open GovernanceDashboardNoScript.qvw, click SAVE, then close it.
  4. You should now have many xml and other files in the –prj folder
  5. Delete the DocBinary.dat file (contains the load script)
  6. Open GovernanceDashboardNoScript.qvw again and click OK on the warning message
  7. Save and close the app
  8. Delete the PRJ folder
  9. No you have an app without a script
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

I'm the most comfortable with the binary load solution. I had already started on that, but could not get rid of the Gooden script.

I will however take a better look at the user config script feature in GD. I've totally overlooked that feature.

Thanks for the help Tyler.

/Vegar

Not applicable

Hi Tyler,

I'm trying on the second options, but I can't get the result for step 4#. Any advice?

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

You should get  an understanding of what the prj folder is. Google it or use this YouTube movie Creating prj Folder in QlikView - YouTube

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

khoo cs - Be sure the name of the qvw and the -prj folder are the same. For example, if you kept the Governance Dashboard.qvw as is (did not rename), you would create a folder next to that .qvw called "Governance Dashboard-prj". Then open the Governance Dashboard.qvw, click Save, and close it.  You should then see the files in the -prj folder.

If that's not working, make sure you have permissions in the folder where you make the -prj folder -- or, copy the Governance Dashboard.qvw to your local computer and try it there.

Not applicable

Yes, I don't have permission. Thanks. Solved!

Not applicable

Cool, I understand on the prj folder, just can't get the result because of permission. 😃 Anyway, solved and got it!

Not applicable

Hi Tyler,

Do you know how to define the excluded Files | Directories in Governance Dashboard? Says I defined a path in "List of file paths to scan", can I exclude several directories which located inside the path?

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Yes, this "excludes" is set using LUA patterns, as described here: Programming in Lua : 20.2

Personally, I have found I'm not super skilled at getting the right pattern down, but you might have more experience here.

Separate each folder to exclude using the vertical pipe |.

Here's the paragraph from the online doc about GovDB (HERE😞

1. In the Excluded Files | Directories entry fields, specify the files and directories to be excluded from the scan of the corresponding scan file path.

The scanner descends into all sub-directories of each scan path root directory to find all QVW, QVD and QVX files to analyze. One or more exclusion patterns (see Patterns) can be entered into the Excluded Keywords text field (separated by vertical bar | characters) to exclude from the metadata scan individual files or entire directories whose names match the exclusion pattern. Note that if the name of the candidate folder or file matches ANY one of the pipe-delimited patterns, the file or subfolder (and all of contents) is excluded from the scan.