Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to implement Currency Conversion logic in Qlik View

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to implement currency logic in Qlik View. I am using Qlik View 11.2 version with HANA as its database. I will load data from HANA tables(2 Facts Tables and 8 Dimension Tables)  into Qlik View and perform modeling in Qlik View. One of the Dimension table is currency table D_Curr with the fields as year, to currency, from currency and Exchange Rate.

In the Report filter, based on user selection on currency, conversion logic should be applied to the measures in the report and accordingly data should be populated.

I would like to know the best approach to implement this.

Thanks

Padma

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sri Padma,

You mention that you have 2 fact tables. How are you planning you data model? Is it going to be concatenation or linktable? The answer to this would have a large say in how you should be taking care of multi-currency.

Anyway, to keep it simple, you can Join/keep the currency values into the Fact table and populate respective currency amount fields. So if you original Fact has a Sales value field, you create Sales value GBP, Sales value USD fields in the Fact itself. The charts will then have an exprression where based on user selection, the relevant field is used in the expression.

If you data model is simple enough, you can link the currency table to the fact based on the Year. Then use the factor in the Expression itself. So expression is like Sales Value * Currency Factor. Based on the selection, the correct factor gets applied in the expression.

To me approach 2 can get very complicated based on the data model complexity and Expression.

Hope this helps.

SK

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am going to use link table in my model. Approach 1 which you suggested may not be feasible in my design as there are around 50 measures in one of the fact table.

Approach 2, there is already a link between Currency table and one of the Fact table using CURR_ID.

Also Currency field is used as Filter. for example, If user select "USD" in the currency filter, then measures in the report should populate data in USD.

Thanks

Padma