cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Working in Multiple Database

Hi,

I am new to Qlikview.

Can anyone give me an Idea about How to access multiple database in a asingle qvw file.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Depends how many databases you need to access and the types of databases.

Generally you would want to create a repository which would provide you with one database containing all the tables you need for your reports. Probably a datawarehouse of some sort.

If that is not possible, then I believe you can load the tables you need from each database via odbc into qlikview

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Depends how many databases you need to access and the types of databases.

Generally you would want to create a repository which would provide you with one database containing all the tables you need for your reports. Probably a datawarehouse of some sort.

If that is not possible, then I believe you can load the tables you need from each database via odbc into qlikview

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for Replying,

I need to access 3 different database like Teradata,oracle & sql server in a single qvw file. and If I am creating a reprository, where the data will get stored and can u plz tell me the process for creating reprository.

Thanks,

Palaneee

Not applicable
Author

Hi Palaneee,

You can use multiple database using different connectors(Like ODBC or OLEDB) and Qlikview will work on AQL and it has in built of ETL, so whatever the data you pulled from datasources it will get store in QVW application.

Regards,

Ravi...