Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver] Insufficient information to connect to the data source.

Extracting data from a Progress Database using an ODBC connection I get the following error:

SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Insufficient information to connect to the data source.

ODBC Error.bmp

The driver (pgoe1023.dll) and has been installed and tested, and works!   I can connect to the database and preview the table content in the Qlikview connection wizard.  I simply can't reload/extract the data.

Progress ODBC.bmp

I can use the ODBC connection with Excel MS Query and extract data from tables.  The user is the owner of the database, so security, or permission to read the database should not be the issue.

After having established the connection to the database in Qlikview, the logon prompt continues to appear when making a selection on the tables.

Progress ODBC 2.bmp

It appears to be an issue with the Qlikview connection string as it doesn't store the password (which is in fact "blank").

ODBC CONNECT32 TO STYLEman (XUserId is QbMHOZdNPDdUM);

However, modifying the connection statement and using "ODBC CONNECT32 TO STYLEman (UserId is abcd, Password is )" does not solve the problem!

Does anyone have experience in configuring the ODBC for Progress so that the User ID and Password are passed through. 

12 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

I'm getting the same issue, but randomly, that is sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

did you find a fix?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys,

I am also facing the same issue, but in some cases what would be the root cause of this.??

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Could you tell us what we have to do to connect to Progress using OLEDB?  Is it a driver that is installed?  Also, could you share what the connect string would look like?

Thank you

Norm