Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: Qlik Sense 1.0 (including Server) is available at the Download section

I have a SSL error when i try to access the new QMC after the setup, can you help me?

Regards.

10 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Gabriel,

Have you seen these videos New to Qlik Sense Platform Videos we cover this in the installation video.

Is it a SSL ERROR or is it a warning - informing you that the certificate / site is untrusted.

Please let me know.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

It's a SSL ERROR:

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Ok - got it - I saw this error the other day - looking in to it.

Does it look like this or similiar?:

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Joe_Bickley
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Do you have any other processes that could be using port 443 on your system - this could be an existing web server or if you have installed on your desktop then it could be something like Skype which also grabs these ports.  If you stop other services and restart the Qlik Sense Proxy service it should then work.

If not then post back.

Thanks

skaredovs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks, Joe!

I had the same problem. As you suggested I stopped Skype and restarted QlikSenseProxyService. And now it works.

BR,

Konstantins

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

But the QlikSense could identify whether the port is currently being used and use another unused port ...

Not applicable
Author

Mike, the problem in my machine was the Skype port 443...

Can i use the QlikView 11 Server License to activate the Qlik Sense?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Gabriel - no - you need to get a LEF (License Enabler File) - with control number and serial from your Qlik Account manager. You can then purchases Tokens to allocated to the user types.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gabriel,

Qlik Sense will not validate the port and use anotehr one if the port is currenty being used. In the help section for Sense you can get an overview of which ports that needs to be open for communication:

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/index.html#../Subsystems/Installation_Guide/Content/Deploym...

Br,
Hanna