Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display .QVW document on web

Hi,

I am newbie to QlikView and have recently installed Qlik View 9 personal edition. I have developed few reports in a .qvw document which i now want to view on web via browser, in other words, i understand that it need to be published to a web server.

I understand little bit from the documentation that in this process Qlik View server and/or Qlik View publisher might be involved, please correct me if i am wrong. But sadly, i have not been able to find any reference material which lists down the complete basic steps how to achieve this.

I have Qlik View 9 Personal Edition installed along with Qlik View server, Qlik View Management Console and Qlik View Enterprise Management console. Please let me know if any additional software components need to be installed and what are the basic steps to achieve this using all the components.

Thanks in advance

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, The folder you need is

\documents and settings\all users\applicationdata\qliktech\documents or in 2008

\programdata\Qliktech\documents

regards

Lucy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lucy!

Folder is not available here in my system. Let me know what has to be done now.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hello Johannes!

Troubleshooting is all about information. Do you get any kind of error message?

404 - Page not found is likely that the QVWS service is not started --> Though the Access point was accessible couple of days back. Suddenly was not able to access the same from yesterday. Later after this got to know that QVWS service is not started as said you. Let me know how to start the QVWS as it was not started.

I also restarted the IIS and even reinstalled also but it doesn't seems to be working.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Rikab,

The folder is hidden--either show hidden folders or navigate there directly. Regarding your service errors, check your QVS license--looks like your license was not entered or the LEF somehow got deleted. You'll probably need to enter it. Regarding the QVWS "disconnected", make sure the service is started. Are you using IIS?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hello Vlad,

Thanks for your help.

The folder is hidden--either show hidden folders or navigate there directly --> I have checked it but the folder is not hidden. Let me know how to navigate.

Regarding your service errors, check your QVS license--looks like your license was not entered or the LEF somehow got deleted. You'll probably need to enter it.--> Yes, I don't have the server license. No idea what is LEF. Is that also one kind of license? Let me know where to enter that.

Regarding the QVWS "disconnected", make sure the service is started. Are you using IIS? --> I don't know how to start the service. Yes, I am using IIS and I found is it was not functioning properly. Suddenly I am not able to access the access point page who I was able to open once couple of days back.

Error while connecting the localhost:

Error while connecting to the qlikview access point:

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

dsjain wrote:
Regarding your service errors, check your QVS license--looks like your license was not entered or the LEF somehow got deleted. You'll probably need to enter it.--> Yes, I don't have the server license. No idea what is LEF. Is that also one kind of license? Let me know where to enter that. <div></div>

I think this is where the main problem lies. Without a server license, the service should not start. You will need to obtain a server license (and corresponding CALs for users) before you can deploy QlikView documents.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

The direct path to the example document folder is C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\qliktech\documents. To enter the license, go to QMC --> Licenses. Let's get that working first and then we'll troubleshoot the IIS error.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Jason Long wrote:I think this is where the main problem lies. Without a server license, the service should not start. You will need to obtain a server license (and corresponding CALs for users) before you can deploy QlikView documents.

Is it! We don't have any other license other than the desktop license. But I did able to access the "Access Point" Page but the "No Documents" were found in that page. Then how that was possible?

I have seen once that QVWS server was running once but though it was not working now. If license is required to start the service then how the service was running once?

Do reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's not a problem to start the service without the license but if you look at the services in QMC/QEMC then the QlikView Server will have a yellow warning triangle and say unlicensed and will not show you or let you open any documents.

Not applicable
Author

Vlad Gutkovsky wrote:
The direct path to the example document folder is C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\qliktech\documents. To enter the license, go to QMC --> Licenses. Let's get that working first and then we'll troubleshoot the IIS error.
Regards,<div></div>

I am not able to see the folder that you are talking about though i checked "Show hidden files and folders". But when i access thorough the path that you given in the run I am able to see those folder that you have mentioned. May I know why is that happening?

I don't have license to enter. Let me know is there is any other way to access the document in web/locally.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab